"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
My training philosophy is...
- Dogs are smart and can learn as long as we are patient and consistant.
- No dog is too old to not benefit from obedience training .
- Basic obedience training helps dogs with their impulse control and teaches them to focus on you.
- Through positive reinforcement and environmental controls, you too can have a well behaved dog
- Be sure your dog is well exercised to burn off excess energy. That includes cardio 2-3x's a week.
- Please do not buy puppies as gifts unless you recieve permission from the recipient!
- Research the dog you want for exercise requirements,grooming and if you have childen, family temperment!
I also believe....
- No dog needs physical punishment in order to learn. Punishment can actually do the reverse! It can stop learning! Yelling at your dog will just turn him off, like a teenager!
- Humans and their dogs can learn to communicate with each other.
- A well behaved dog improves the relationship between dog and owner and is more welcomed in more places...... like mother in law homes
My training methods include...
Positive reinforcment techniques.
Consistancy and repetition.
Fun rewarding classes!
Homework to practice between classes
Setting your dog up to succeed!
In home manners, ie: countersurfing, chewing, barking, jumping.
Once you experience professional dog training, you will wonder why you waited until now. I look forward to working with you and your dog.